Content Management Systems is a web-based applications with the purpose of administering, collaborating, and, authorizing the website. It plays a significant role in building websites at a faster rate, tweak the site, facilitate storage of content, and its effective management.
All the CMSs are best in one or the other way. Opting for the CMS depends on one’s business value and requirements. One has to be choosy enough to have a look into the specialties of the CMSs that it may offer for an e-commerce store (small and large businesses), SEO optimization, the bloggers, and, etc.
A)The popular CMSs for E-Commerce
(1) Magento : The Magento creates a powerful e-commerce site, offers a lot of features beyond the imagination of the merchants, possess ready-made themes, facilitate unlimited customization, and, so forth. Thus, it stands as the best choice for the growing businesses.
(2) PrestaShop : It offers a powerful catalog management, inbuilt SEO features, faster check out mechanism, integrated payments, marketing tools, and required security.It emerges as the best for the online store needs especially for the small and the medium-sized retailers.
(3) Drupal : Quite obviously, it is the best CMS to create a website that is expected to handle a large volume of visitors and possess hundreds of web pages. It is flexible to create a simple blog or the interactive business sites. It offers the required flexibility for an ever-changing needs of the website.
(4) Joomla : It is the choice for small businesses which could be as small as one or 50 employees. It has several extensions and plug-ins which could be utilized as per the business requisites. Moreover, its customization ability makes the site unique and easy to use.
(5) WordPress : WordPress makes the online venture easier for the e-commerce newcomers with its WooCommerce plugins. It simplifies the usage and provides continuous guidance for the new merchants. And, it offers a range of advanced features and options for the e-commerce professionals.
However, the selection of the CMS platform depends upon the needs, business, industry, resources, and, the clients as mentioned earlier.
B) The Popular CMSs for SEO
(1) Magento : The default SEO settings that comes along with the Magento CMS are beneficial for ranking high in the search result. The default features available are
SEO Friendly URL’s : It facilitates the store owners to customize the URL of each web page. It specifies the product even if only the images are displayed. And, another benefit is it helps to create campaigns.
Google Sitemap : Magento facilitates the users to enable the sitemap which indexes the page at a faster rate. This enables the user to find the product in an easier manner.
Top 5 Search Terms : The website’s internal search bar displays the most popular products so that it is easy to optimize traffic for the popular pages to bring more conversions.
Most viewed products : One can see the most viewed products from the backend. By knowing the best-sold goods, the merchants may target the specific product pages for new customers through online marketing techniques, Google Adwords, website, and other marketing techniques.
CMS : The CMS part of the Magento helps the merchant to upload content regarding the products or the company including the keywords, description, and the meta title. This is quite convenient for seasonal banners, footer links, and other relevant content.
(2) Drupal : Drupal comes with built-in tools for SEO automation for the massive amount of content it supports. Some of the supportive features are as follows.
Search engine optimized URLs : Each item of content could be given custom URL or automate to generate user- and search-friendly URLs based on content type, title, date, time, and, etc.
Built-in taxonomy system : The built-in taxonomy system facilitates to organize and tag the content with keyword-rich terms.
Page title : It generates the page title automatically with the help of site name and slogan of the front page, or one may custom a pattern to create search-engine optimized titles.
Easy SEO : It is easy by downloading the SEO modules, drop into the site, turn it in active mode, and follow the simple instructions to avail the best SEO experience.
Editing and revisions : The built-in version controls save the new versions once the content gets edited. If a new marketing message did not work out for the better, one can easily revert back to the original version in no time.
(3) Joomla : It has the potential to rank high. It comes with the basic SEO-optimization functionality which could be extended for better performance. One may turn on SEF URLs, enable rewriting, and enable/disable URL suffixes. Furthermore, one may add the global meta description, meta keywords, define meta tags and title tags.
(4) WordPress : Content is the king and WordPress stand as the best for it. The website owners are able to write, edit, add, delete or manage the content on the web page easily. As WordPress is constantly updated and secure which is needed from SEO perspective. With the help of SEO plugins, it is easy to build or launch the website that has incorporated all the SEO best practices. It is easy to customize all the URLs while developing the website. The built-in RSS feed helps to feed the content across the world wide web. That is when a content is added, it gets syndicated to other feeds and in the course increase the audience.
(5) PrestaShop : PrestaShop comes with varied SEO supportive features. It is easy to customize the independent page titles and URLs for SEO objective. One who is well-versed in HTML knowledge may customize the independent H1 headings. Likewise, the meta descriptions could be customized. With the help of PrestaShop SEO modules, one may have the independent navigation links and Auto XML sitemap.
Depending on the inbuilt features and availability of modules/add-ons/plugins for SEO benefits, it is easy to tweak the website for higher ranking in the search result.
C) The Popular CMSs for Bloggers
(1) WordPress : It is the most popular blogging platform with an enormous number of plugins and designs. It is suitable for the bloggers who want to make money, make a blog as a part of their business or hobby, and for the professional bloggers.
(2) Ghost : It is designed as the blogging platform carrying publishing interface. It is fast and optimized for SEO. It is suitable for the bloggers who are passionate, wish to experiment with new platforms, use the latest technical solutions available.
(3) Squarespace : It has an easy-to-use interface with the drag-and-drop content building. It is suitable for business owners like the artists, musicians, photographers or the creatives, restaurants, cafe, and, etc. The users having no design or development skills are also able to run the blog.
(4) Tumblr : It is a social network as well despite being a blogging platform. It has an ultra easy-to-use user interface and built-in styles which support publication of varied contents such as the posts, images, videos, quotes, and so forth. It is adept for one-topic blogs and microblogs.
(5) Blogger : It is maintained by Google, and comes with all the technical lift. The blogger has to just focus on content writing. It has a simple interface. It is adept for the personal blogs and the hobby bloggers.